What’s the difference between a regular recreational kayak paddle, and a specific kayak fishing paddle? The Bending Branches Angler Classic paddle has a few different features such as a tape measure and hook retrieval system that can come in handy when kayak fishing. It’s also made in the USA, and is priced at a very reasonable MSRP ($139.95).
- VALUE:The Angler Classic paddle is a great option regardless of the price. The fact that it retails for $139.95 is even better. The fishing blade falls into the entry level paddle class, yet it has enough features to put it against any kayak fishing paddle on the market.
- SMART FEATURES:The hook retrieval system,heavy duty drip rings, tape measure (in both inches and centimeters), right and left hand offsets and construction quality (made in USA) are pretty rare for an entry level paddle.
- MADE IN THE USA:We always tend to favor products that are 100% made in the USA (not just assembled in the US). When a product is manufactured stateside, they tend to be more durable, higher quality, and have better customer service for warranty issues. This is of course not true with ALL items that we sell, but it seems to hold true for the large majority of them.
- THE HOOK RETRIEVAL SYSTEM IS REALLY COOL:The retrieval system is cool for getting the line out of snags (on trees or in the lake or river). It also can be good for pulling in a big fish (see photo above).
- This is not really a “con”, but paddlers that are used to using a carbon foam core blade, may find the transition to the Angler Classic a downgrade. The blades are smooth, but they are Nylon/fiberglass and do not feel like a high end carbon blade.
- A 30 degree offset would be a nice addition for whitewater paddlers that are used to kayaking paddles.
What’s not to like about this $139 fishing paddle with lots of features. Even without the drip rings, ruler and hook retriever, this paddle would be a stellar value. Add in a whole bunch of really useful features, and the fact that it is built in the US, and you’ve got a deal! If it’s a cost effective, high quality and good looking paddle that you are after, the Bending Branches Angler Classic needs to be on the top of your list.