The Immersion Research Union Suit-Reviewed by Leif Embertson
Holly comfort batman, the IR Union suit is so warm and comfortable you’ll probably consider wearing it around the house or on your next backcountry ski trip after you get one, I know I sure do. The suit is made with medium weight fleece and has an innovative entry system through the neck that reduces bulk and awkward seams and a slim cut to reduce excess material. Combining the union suit with a dry suit also dramatically reduces the bulk of overlapping layers around your midsection things resulting in much less constriction, increasing your freedom of movement, making it easy to stay in you gear all day. The union suit is also a great addition during overnighter as you don’t have to bring extra warm cloths to wear while you are hanging out at camp. All in all the union suit is a well thought out great piece of gear, I hardly notice it most of the time which is the definition of a great piece of equipment.
- Warm! Helping you running the river instead of shivering in the eddy wondering how long until we get to the take out.
- Innovative entry system that reduces bulk
- Affordable. While this piece of equipment is extremely useful it’s not going to break the bank.
- To warm? Well it is possible but is typically not a problem for most of us.
- The neoprene entry system does emit a certain odor after a few seasons but what kayaking gear doesn’t .